Current recordset does not support updating this may be dating pbc
Here's an example: Additionally, it seems that odbc_close() doesn't truely close the connection (at least not using Network SQL Anywhere 8).
The resource is no longer usable after the odbc_close() is issued, but as far as the server is concerned, there is still a connection present.
I wrote a script using the PHP5 CLI binary that monitors a directory for changes, then updates a Network Server SQL Anywhere 8 database when a change was detected.
Idealy, my program would run indefinately, and issue odbc_connect()/odbc_close() when appropriate.
And this is for ANY application, name it PHP, Coldfusion, whatever2.
You cannot make a system DSN with a UNC (\Server\resource), so you must map the drive Cute isn't it? I quit on ODBC and went via ADO, this is the code that works:=== CODE ===$db = '\\server\resource\db.mdb';$conn = new COM('ADODB.
I started looking al around and looks like the ODBC driver has some severe problems:1.
It cannot access a Access database via a mapped drive.
Work-round solutions like utf8_encode and mb_convert both fails.
Connection');$conn-Open("DRIVER=; DBQ=$db");// Driver do Microsoft Access (*.mdb)// must be the name in your odbc drivers, the one you get// from the Data Sources (ODBC).// In this case, I'm in Mexico but the driver name is in portuguese, thanks Microsoft.$sql = 'SELECT username FROM tbl Usuarios';$res = $conn- [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified If you keep running into this on the 64 bit versions of windows, ie server 2008, and none of the other solutions helped.
In a 64 bit windows server operating system, there are TWO odbc managers.
- After that you can connect using:$conn = odbc_connect('your-dsn-name','',''); hope that makes someone happy :)bye As always Microsoft is clueless...
I've been trying to connect to an Access database on a W2K on the network (not a local file, but mapped on the V: drive), via ODBC.